Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Part II

Addendum to the First Bad Day

Well, not so bad after 6. Except for the cooking spray incident. Which is now The Cooking Spray Incident.

I was trying to start dinner, making some Cornflake-crusted chicken breasts. Taking out any frustrations by pounding the poor boneless skinless breasts to heck, I was attempting to double-task and spray the baking dish. Didn't work out so well. Thanks my slick poultry-slimed (and potentially Salmonella-carrying) hand, I dropped the cooking spray on the counter. The plastic top of the nozzle fell off and the nozzle then broke, shooting out cooking spray all over the counter, the cabinets, and, unfortunately, me. I felt something sticky and cold on my belly and sure enough, I had been slimed by Olive Oil flavored Pam. Since it was a nearly full can -- of course! -- I had to put it in the sink, where all of the contents eventually were released in a shiny yellowy coating all over the stainless. Nice.

I thought I had cleaned up pretty well and still managed to turn out a pretty nice, albeit crunchy, dinner, but my husband still noticed the shiny streaks on the wall, way above the cabinet. "What the hell is that?" he wondered in that oh-gosh-I'm-just-wondering tone (HA!). And there I am, feebly explaining how I dropped the cooking spray, right after I busted the vacuum by pouring water in it, right after I vacuumed up an eraser, right after I dropped a glass dish, right after I had let the dishes go all day, right after...well, you get the picture.

Right now, all's quiet and after I finish a work thing or two, I'm heading upstairs to pack for the trip to Michigan, which is all Currier & Ives in a blanket of post-Easter snow.

'Night, all! All zero of you!

No comments: